Sunday 22 June 2014

Animation

I have been experimenting with a couple of different ways to animate objects - trying to avoid the inevitable problems of huge files and loss of detail.  

Starting to to get acceptable results using Photoshop CC and using different masking color-substitution techniques.

The Nacissus


Here I am using the Nacissus - the Shuttlecraft and lifeboat for the Weyland-Yutani commercial hauler USCSS Nostromo - used by Ripley and her cat to escape the stricken carrier.
I got the last seat in the movie theater on opening night, and have never been so frightened.I built the Halcyon 1/144 scale model and added it to a shot of the milky way from a couple of nights ago.


Narcissus adrift - Alien - 624k


A static view: 

Narcissus - Alien - 102k

Bireme

The animation uses a fast bireme I built from wood a couple of years ago, set against a photograph of the North Queensland coast at Townsville (which I took from Magnetic Island).  






Peter Quinton
Palerang
June 2014

No comments: